Earlier on when Alcatel Pop Icon or Up was released we published a post to show our readers the features, specifications and price of this most adorable Alcatel device called Pop Icon or Up. As well as how you can perform a hard or soft reset when your Pop Icon or Up becomes unresponsive or should you choose to give to someone else with no data in it.
Usually, a hard or soft reset with the guide provided for Alcatel Pop Icon or Up is supposed to fix any possible software issue you might be experiencing with your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up or other similar android devices that the quick fixing guide for issues like camera, Bluetooth, SIM, Wi-Fi, YouTube or other malfunction could solve. But if you have tried that already and it failed then, you should probably opt-in for formatting in this case I will show you how to use SP Flash Tool to format your Pop Icon or Up.
Steps on how to flash Alcatel Pop Icon or Up with SP Flash Tool:
· Download the stock ROM of Alcatel Pop Icon or Up.
· As usual you need to place your phone on charge till it is charged not less than 50 percent before you process else you phone might not wake up even after formatting.
· Next you will have to follow the instruction of using a Smart Phone Flash Tool as explained here.
· Stock Firmware flashing can be applied to Unbrick your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up
· Stock ROM flashing can be applied to fix Bootloop issues.
· Stock Firmware flashing can be applied to either upgrade or downgrade your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up
· It can be applied to unroot or fix bugs on your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up.
· To fix stutter or lag on your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up
· Stock firmware flashing is effective in solving software issues of Alcatel Pop Icon or Up.
· Stock firmware flashing can be applied to revert back to the stock of your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up to gain your warranty.
Just before you follow the tips below to upgrade or downgrade your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up. Do a backup of your personal data:
· Setup an auto or carry out a manual backup regularly of your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up following our guide here with data or Wi-Fi connection.
· You can also backup your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up offline – without internet connection following the steps provided here.
Tips to Remember:
i. This update is meant for Alcatel Pop Icon or Up users only.
ii. Be sure to try the other method of installing stock firmware if yours have unlocked Bootloader issue.
iii. TWRP Recovery is a good alternative on how to upgrade your device if you don’t want to do it the normal way. Here is a post on TWRP Recovery.
iv. THEUPSPOT is in no way responsible for any damage you might have on your Alcatel Pop Icon or Up while installing the update.
v. The usual upgrade steps require the use of PC or Laptop to carry out the firmware flashing.
vi. Ensure that you have an updated and working USB drivers installed.