Earlier on when Huawei P20 Pro was released we published a post to show our readers the features, specifications and price of this most adorable Huawei device called P20 Pro. As well as how you can perform a hard or soft reset when your P20 Pro becomes unresponsive or should you choose to give to someone else with no data in it.
Usually, a hard or soft reset with the guide provided for Huawei P20 Pro is supposed to fix any possible software issue you might be experiencing with your Huawei P20 Pro or other similar Android devices that the quick fixing guide for issues like camera, Bluetooth, SIM, Wi-Fi, YouTube or other malfunction could solve. But if you have tried that already and it failed then, you should probably opt-in for formatting, in this case, I will show you how to use Flash Tool to format your P20 Pro.
Steps on how to flash Huawei P20 Pro with Flash Tool:
Just before you follow the guide below to flash your Huawei P20 Pro. Do a backup of your personal data (if you can):
Steps on how to flash Huawei P20 Pro with Huawei Board Software Flash Tool:
First of all, Dowload Huawei P20 Pro firmware for your:
Note: You will need to place your phone on charge with a working charger till you are sure it has charged above 50 percent before your formatting process commences else your phone might not wake up even after formatting.
Next, you will have to follow the instruction of using a Smart Phone Flash Tool as explained here below.
Step 1: You will need to first Download IMAGE Software Huawei board software
Step 2: Proceed to Download Tools Software & Drive
Step 3: Driver Installation
- Double-click the Driver Setup file to install the driver. Installation steps are not displayed because the installation is unattended. When the automatic installation is complete
- View the HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 of the forcible loading driver under the Device Manager
Step 4: Now, Click the USB Map, after the port mapping program is started, configure the XML file (this file is an XML file mapped to the target burned version), and then connect the Huawei P20 Pro to the PC using the loading fixture or by short-circuiting the test point. The port switches from HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 to the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) port. The interface is displayed after the mapping is complete.
- Kindly note that the power supply to the PCBA needs to be disconnected during forcible port mapping.
- To clear mapped ports, click Clear UsbMap.
Step 5: To map multiple Huawei devices at the same time, replace the USB port that connects to the PC, and map the new ports using the same method as described previously.
Step 6: When the mapping is complete:
- Click Done to exit the mapping window.
- Open IDTML01.exe
Step 7: Press Icon Setting to switch to the main window of the tool.
Step 8: Enter Password Huawei
Step 9: You will need to browse DLL Model and select Model.dll
Step 10: You will have to browse Config File and select XML From Board File
Step 11: Now, click to run IDT too
Step 12: That’s all. It will display “Software Downloading Success”.
Tips to Remember:
- This update is meant for Huawei P20 Pro users only.
- THEUPSPOT is in no way responsible for any damage you might have on your Huawei P20 Pro while installing the update.
- The usual upgrade steps require the use of a PC or Laptop to carry out the firmware flashing.
- Ensure that you have updated and working USB drivers installed.