Here is how I repaired IMEI number problem. I received one Sony Xperia Z1 having some issues with the mobile network. It keeps searching for network and the phone won’t show the IMEI number in the phone status (Setting => About Phone => Status).
Most times this might have occurred after installing custom ROM for your android mobile which deletes your IMEI file.
If you have made a backup before the installation you can restore it without having any network problem after setup.
Steps on how to repair IMEI number problem:
- Switch of your phone, take off the battery and check the IMEI number at the back.
- Write it on a note cause you need it during the fixing process.
- Turn on the cell phone.
- Open dialer and type in *#*#3646633#*#*
- When typing the last from the above command it will automatically take you to engineering mode where you can fix this problem.
- Next select “CDS Information”.
- Select phone 1 option and type in the code EGMR=1,7,”” or select it from the drop-down option.
- Now type in that IMEI number in between the double quote (” “). e.g EGMR=1,7,”000000000000000”.
- Then click SEND AT COMMAND button.
- Reboot your phone and the problem is solved.
To confirm the changes go back to your phone settings, about phone and check the status again.