The tune you hear by default when you dial someone’s number isn’t cool at all. The reason is that that sound is emitted from those big drums you see on the mass of mobile network service providers. It usually a buzzy with no melody.
That can be changed, mobile users are free to change buzzy ring back tune to a melodious one when their caller dial their number. Although, like other services the network service provider, in this case, MTN charges you a for enabling your Caller Tune. Service costs N50.00 a month per caller tune.
Here is how to activate MTN Caller Tune:
- Dial the caller tune zone on 4100 and listen
- Press 1 to download a new caller tune
- Enter the caller tune code for the song you want
- End it with a hash(#)
- Follow the voice prompt to complete your subscription
Your new caller tune will now be set up and in a few seconds, you will receive a text message:
“Your caller tune was processed successfully”
Perhaps you want a personal customized Caller Tune. On MTN you can also record the sound of your voice as a tune in form of short song. MTN call it Do It Yourself (D
How To Activate Personal/DIY Caller Tune:
- Dial the same Caller tune zone on 4100
- Press 4 to DIY your favourite song or tune
- Then press 1 to begin
- After the beep, record your tune to the phone e.g voice or song from your background (Limited time allowed)
- Press # when finished
- Listen to the tune when replayed
- Press 1 to submit it
- You would hear a voice feedback telling you that you have succeeded. You will receive a text message shortly.
Note: Call charges during activation is applied.
See how to cancel callertune here
Find more caller tune from MTN website