How to Stop or Prevent Automatic Status Update on Facebook Timeline
Now is really the best time to check your facebook account and put your privacy settings right. It is quite obvious that some website out there would stop at nothing till they set a different notion about you on social media.
Note, their motive is not about you entirely but a way of promoting their none resourceful website to gain more views and gets new users.
It’s sad to see friends fall victim to such malicious and scamming websites or mobile application. Well, I’ve seen two cases of my friends recently who fell victim of this automatic status update malicious website despite the fact that I’ve taken time to write articles on how users can secure and protect their privacy on social media. One of them had to contact facebook support team to deactivate his account immediately until he was able to fix the auto updates on his facebook wall.
Please note that except you grant facebook account permission to those websites as a means of getting information or entertainment they will not be able to post on your timeline.
Although most of such websites has developed a way of deceiving their visitors to clicking links that redirect to embedded po.nography web pages and create permission for automatic updates in the facebook wall without them knowing they’ve done such.
For this reason, I took it as a duty to prepare a self-guide on how to stop the automatic status update from unknown source. Please take your time to read through a follow each step as explained below:
- Log in to your facebook account using a system.
- Click the “Privacy shortcut” option from the top right corner of the page.
- Click from the drop down option “See more settings”.
- Click on private from the left pane and change the settings as shown in the image below.
- Navigate to the left pane again and click “Apps” option.
- It will show you the list of app and website you facebook account is connected.
- Find the name of that application or website from that list and delete or change the settings.
But I recommend you delete it completely. When back to your timeline delete the already added automatic updates from that site.
That’s all, hope this post was helpful to you. Thanks for reading.