The XS OR XR is one of the most adorable smartphones with incredible features released by iPhone having that perfect: 6.1inches display, 3GB RAM, 256GB ROM, runs iOS 12, has long lasting battery capacity, connectivity, multiple audio and video playing format. But if for any reason you want to hard or soft reset your XS OR XR then this is a DIY guide for you.
Need to go through the phone specs? You will find full specifications of iPhone XS OR XR here.
Users of iOS phones like iPhone XS OR XR mostly carry out a reset when the device have issues or probably when they want to hand the iPhone XS OR XR or related device over to someone else as a gift. But just before you proceed with your device reset do ensure you go through our quick fixing guide for camera, Bluetooth, SIM, Wi-Fi, YouTube or other issues that might be the reason you want to hard or soft reset iPhone XS OR XR.
Just before you follow the tips below to hard or soft reset your iPhone XS OR XR. Do a backup of your personal data:
· Setup an auto or carry out a manual backup regularly of your iPhone XS OR XR following our guide here with data or Wi-Fi connection.
· You can also backup your iPhone XS OR XR offline – without internet connection following the steps provided here.
· If the issue is password related. Be sure to check our tutorial on how to unlock forgotten XS OR XR password without losing your data.
Here are steps on how to hard reset iPhone XS OR XR:
Step #1: You might want to backup data because the reset will set your iPhone XS OR XR back to its factory mode. Else move to step 2.
Step #2: Ensure that your iPhone XS OR XR is charged to a minimum of 50% before you proceed.
Step #3: Hold down and quickly release the volume up button.
Step #4: Hold down and quickly release the volume down button.
Step #5: Now press and keep holding down the power (or side) Button for few seconds until the “Apple Logo” shows up.
Step #6: After that, sit back and watch your iPhone XS OR XR reboot.
Here is how to soft or factory reset iPhone XS OR XR:
This option requires that the device must be in a good working condition which will enable you to access the settings and do the reset.
· Turn on the iPhone XS OR XR (if switched off).
· Go to Settings
· Press “Erase All Content and Settings” option
· That’s all, your iPhone XS OR XR will erase everything in it and boot afresh.
Disclaimer: How to hard or soft reset guide for iPhone XS OR XR by THEUPSPOT is mainly for education purpose and we are in no way responsible for any data lost or whatsoever makes your device warranty void. So, we strongly recommend you first of all try to locate your phone’s support centre where the issue(s) might be fixed free or low cost. Although, this guide here is a do it yourself (DIY) free tutorial.