Earlier on when Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro was released, we published a post to show our readers the features, specifications, and price of this most adorable Xiaomi device called Black Shark 2 Pro. As well as how you can perform a hard or soft reset when your Black Shark 2 Pro becomes unresponsive or should you choose to give to someone else with no data in it.
Usually, a hard or soft reset with the guide provided for Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro is supposed to fix any possible software issue you might be experiencing with your Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro or other similar android devices that the quick fixing guide for issues like camera, Bluetooth, SIM, Wi-Fi, YouTube or other malfunction could solve. But if you have tried that already and it failed then, you should probably opt-in for formatting, in this case, I will show you how to use SP Flash Tool to format your Black Shark 2 Pro.
Just before you follow the tips below to upgrade or downgrade your Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro. Do a backup of your personal data (if you can) before flashing:
Steps on how to flash Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro with Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool:
First of all, visit our Firmware page and download the flash file and USB Drivers for your:
- Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro
- You will need to place your phone on charge with a working charger till you are sure it has charged above 50 percent before your formatting process commences else your phone might not wake up even after formatting.
- Run the download USB drivers.
Step 1: You need to Download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on your PC from the above section and extract it to a convenient location on your PC.
Step 2: Next, you will have to launch the MiFlashSetup.msi file, which will bring up the Setup Wizard. After that click on the Next button to proceed.
Step 3: Now you will have to click on Browse to select the installation directory. You may also find out the available free disk space by using the Disk Cost button.
Step 4: You can select the users who can access this tool. From the bottom menu, click on everyone or Just Me and hit the Next button.
Step 5: When the confirmation dialog box pops up, click on Next to start the installation process.
Step 6: The installation process will now start and should only take a few seconds. Once that is done, hit the Close button to exit the setup wizard.
Step 7: That’s all. Disconnect and enjoy.
Tips to Remember:
- This update is meant for Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro users only.
- THEUPSPOT is in no way responsible for any damage you might have on your Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro while installing the update.
- The usual upgrade steps require the use of a PC or Laptop to carry out the firmware flashing.
- Ensure that you have updated and working USB drivers installed.