iPhone SE (2020) Hard Reset Process [Step by Step Guide]
The SE (2020) is one of the most adorable smartphones with incredible features released by Apple having that perfect: display, RAM, ROM, runs iOS, has long-lasting battery capacity, connectivity, multiple audio and video playing formats. But if for any reason you want to hard or soft reset your SE (2020) then this is a DIY guide for you.
Need to go through the phone specs? You will find the full specifications of iPhone SE (2020) here.
Users of Apple smartphones like iPhone SE (2020) mostly carry out a reset when the device becomes unresponsive or probably when they want to hand to the iPhone SE (2020) or related device to someone else as a gift. But just before you proceed with your device reset do ensure you go through our quick fixing guide for camera, Bluetooth, SIM, Wi-Fi, YouTube or other issues that might be the reason you want to hard or soft reset iPhone SE (2020).
Just before you follow the tips below to hard or soft reset your iPhone SE (2020). Do a backup of your personal data:
- Set up an auto or carry out a manual backup regularly of your iPhone SE (2020) following our guide here with data or Wi-Fi connection.
- You can also backup your iPhone SE (2020) offline – without an internet connection following the steps provided here.
- If the issue is password-related. Be sure to check our tutorial on how to unlock forgotten SE (2020) password without losing your data.
Here are steps on how to hard reset iPhone SE (2020):
Step 1: Press and quickly release the Volume up button.
Step 2: Now press and quickly release the Volume down button.
Step 3: Press and hold the Power button.
Step 4: Release the button after you see the Apple logo.
Here is how to factory reset iPhone SE (2020):
- Go to Settings.
- Go into General.
- Select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Erase all Content and Settings to factory reset iPhone SE.
- Hit Continue.
- Enter your PIN.
- Enter your Apple ID Password.
- Tap on Turn Off.
- It might take a while for your phone to reboot once the factory reset is initialized. Once it does though, it’ll restart as a new phone.
Factory reset iPhone SE with your PC
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Trust your computer on your phone, as well as your phone in your computer.
- If it’s your first time syncing your phone to iTunes, you’ll be welcomed. Hit Continue.
- When asked to Sync with iTunes, hit Get Started.
- If you’ve already set this up, hit the Phone icon in the top-left corner.
- Select Restore iPhone.
- You’ll be asked to turn off Find My before proceeding.
- Click Restore again to confirm.
- Your computer will now erase your iPhone SE to factory settings and install the latest iOS software on it.
Using the DFU or Recovery mode
- Connect your iPhone SE to your computer using the Lightning to USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Now let’s move to your iPhone SE.
- Press and quickly release the Volume up button.
- Now press and quickly release the Volume down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo show up. When this happens, continue to hold the side button while also pressing and holding onto the Volume Down button.
- On your PC, iTunes will announce a phone in recovery mode has been connected.
- Click on Restore iPhone.
- Hit Restore and Update.
Disclaimer: How to hard or soft reset guide for iPhone SE (2020) by THEUPSPOT is mainly for education purpose and we are in no way responsible for any data lost or whatsoever makes your device warranty void. So, we strongly recommend you first of all try to locate your phone’s support center where the issue(s) might be fixed free or low cost. Although, this guide here is a do-it-yourself (DIY) free tutorial.